1. the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful,appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
2. the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria; works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures,or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection. See fine art, commercial art.
3. a field, genre, or category of art: Dance is an art.
4. the fine arts collectively, often excluding architecture: art and architecture.
5. any field using the skills or techniques of art: advertising art; industrial art.
Art is everywhere around us. Public art installations, pieces we've created ourselves, museums and more. Dance is art. Music is art. Architecture, water features and gardens, sculptures and paintings.
Find something that speaks to you and share it with us.
This is a reproduction of just a piece of the statue of David. It is part of a traveling exhibit of the works of Michaelangelo and Da Vinci, and it was breathtaking just to be in the presence of a bit of it.